Here's a job description for a Senior Social Media Marketing Manager Mattel - maker of the iconic Barbie Doll. We'll discuss this tomorrow night in our first class of #SMMUCLA to help students understand what the market is looking for and how they can be ready for jobs like this one.
The Digital Initiatives Group (DIG) is the business unit within Mattel, Inc. charged with bringing Mattel's brands to life on a variety of interactive platforms (online, mobile, video game consoles, handhelds, ecommerce and emerging media).
DIG is seeking a Senior Manager for our Barbie and Girls, Inc. brands, to lead the Girls Social Media team in the strategic planning, development and ongoing execution of Social Media activities for Mattel Brands globally across our Social channels. This person will be responsible for driving strategic thinking across Mattel Brands by adapting Social Media marketing strategies to reflect changes in consumer behavior, technology, platforms, and the competitive landscape.
- Develop global strategies, tactics and communication plans for Mattel Brands in the Social Media space.
- Work with Agency and Community Managers to optimize Social Media efforts on daily basis, while leveraging scale and learnings to expand internationally in relevant markets.
- Maintain awareness of new Social Media marketing techniques being used by others, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop existing communities.
- Analyze results to ensure that learnings are integrated into current and future strategies, as well as develop frameworks to help refine our Social Media strategies.
- Track performance of Social Media marketing programs on an on-going basis to establish best practices, while comparing against internal and industry benchmarks. Interface with internal Social Performance Analytics Team to report and optimize results on channels.
- Review process and workflows from an internal and global basis, working with the Social Media team to refine and improve to ensure global efficiencies.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and digital advancements, specifically in the Kid & Family Entertainment and ecommerce space, while providing recommendations for Mattel's digital strategy.
- Knowledge of Social CRM; establish social media platforms as a key driver of consumer engagement, revenue and margin growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years of social media marketing and digital experience at an interactive, creative, media or marketing agency or with a consumer products brand.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the social space: platforms, vendors, measurement, content creation, media, technology and analytics.
- Ability to think and operate strategically as well as tactically.
- Possesses a passion for some of the toys, dolls, cars, games, entertainment properties, or action figures in Mattel's portfolio of Brands.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment.
- Highly organized, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative and flexible work style.
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading high-performing social media teams; strong project management and presentation skills.
- Excellent reporting and analytic skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and thorough understanding of marketing, advertising and promotional principles.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of women’s fashion brands and tween girls franchises a plus.