Wednesday, September 18, 2013

8 Ways We Grew Our YouTube Subscribers 8-Fold in 8 Months

Drew Baldwin, CEO of Tubefilter, will be a guest speaker at #SMMUCLA Fall 2013 semester.  Tubefilter is an important company in the world of video:

 Tubefilter

Last week, Tubefilter released its monthly list of top 100 global YouTube channels. My company's channel jumped 49 slots from number 99 to number 50. It didn't really sink in how impressive that was until random folks came out of the woodwork to ask me what was causing the spike.
So, I thought I'd share in my weekly column here.

1) Focused editorial
I've alluded to the merits of a horizontal vs. vertical editorial strategy in the past. We stayed in business at a time when many of our peers shut down thanks to the horizontal breadth of content, but I'd be disingenuous if I didn't admit that our scale of late has come from a more refined, focused editorial strategy.

No comments: