Saturday, September 25, 2010

The OC Register Mom Blog


We'll be talking about blogs this week in class - corporate blogs, personal blogs, etc.  I mentioned 'Mommy Blogs' in class - one of the most prominent and powerful voices in the blog world.  Below is the OC Register's Mom Blog.  Take a look and we'll discuss in class.

 

 

Doing what I can to bring ’sexy back’

September 25th, 2010, 9:00 am by Theresa Cisneros

Prior to having kids, I used to rock Steve Madden pumps, like the one shown here. I can't wait to do it again someday.
 
I was logging off my Facebook account yesterday when my friend’s status update flashed across the screen.

“Going running,” it read. “Time to bring sexy back.”

Me and Angie graduated from college at the same time, got married at the same time and had kids at the same time, so I found it fitting that she’s also trying to get back into pre-baby shape.
When I was single, I racked up thousands of dollars in credit card debt so that I could sport the latest hairstyles, make up and clothes.

But all that changed when I found out I was pregnant.

I said goodbye to my blond highlights and allowed my medium brown roots to sprout. (I’d heard hair dye was harmful to developing babies and didn’t want to take any chances.)

My chic mini skirts, low-rise jeans and wedge heels eventually gave way to moo-moos, jeans with elastic waist bands and comfy chanclas (flip flops).

1 comment:

famous alice said...

Moms have both qualities required to have a successful blog - authenticity and passion. Moms are driven by a constant need for new information as their child's needs constantly change. They also need lots of local area information. It is easy to see why Mommy blogs are smok'n HOT!