This is Adam Brown, Head Of Social Media at Coca-Cola, in a quick 3 minute interview on his new Social Media Policy for Coke. What a job that must have been! The thing I love about this, is that it’s a simple policy (3 pages long), practical and full of common sense while the best part is that Coca-Cola is empowering global staff to become part of the PR & Customer Relations teams.
Below I’ll list out the 10 Principles for Online Spokespeople & a link to download the new social media policy from Coca-Cola.
- Be Certified in the Social Media Certification Program.
- Follow our Code of Business Conduct and all other Company policies.
- Be mindful that you are representing the Company.
- Fully disclose your affiliation with the Company.
- Keep records.
- When in doubt, do not post.
- Give credit where credit is due and don’t violate others’ rights.
- Be responsible to your work.
- Remember that your local posts can have global significance.
- Know that the Internet is permanent.